Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, May 08, 2006

Adler's Tired





It's Monday and Adler's tired. But who can blame her as she had action-packed adventures both days. Saturday we had a "puppy play date" scheduled with my brother his girlfriend and their dog, Clarence. I packed a small duffle bag (yes, it's from Pottery Barn Kids and has Adler embroidered on it) for the dog park complete with plastic bags, water, bones, treats and a bowl. Tom refused to carry the puppy bag but you need a lot of stuff when you plan to be out for a few hours with the dog. I was happy to see that my brother's girlfriend also packed a bag even though her dog is 8 years old (so what if it was on the smaller side). Dog park was happening - although I spent most of the time fending the dogs away from Adler's bag and her personal supply of H20. Who knew that dogs could smell all those bones in there and that they preferred her water to the community bowl. Adler's picky about water. She doesn't drink community water and doesn't drink it if it's the least bit warm. Which means lugging Adler's own source of H20 especially when she's out for awhile. Luckily after the dog park, we went to Waterhouse and the staff filled up her bowl like she was a paying customer. Right next to Waterhouse was a boutique Pet Store - forget the name of it now but they sell Fat Boy dog beds. Turns out my brother and his girlfriend just bought Clarence a "Fat Boy." The thing is way cute and if it's as comfortable as Adler's, I too can sleep on it in the summer.

Thanks to all for the comments on the blog. A big shout out to Perry for providing me with some blogging tips as I try to make this more readable. And, a shout out to my sister-in-law's brother in Spain. We share our beautiful 2 and 4 year old neices who by the way call every dog Adler. Thanks for visiting!

Stay tuned - next post will be about Adler's Sunday in Michigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home