Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bark in the Park


Was thinking about attending the annual Anti-Cruely Society's Bark in the Park where dogs and their owners walk three miles to raise funds to support the animals. I'm a sucker for animals - doesn't matter what kind - well, aside from spiders and snakes! I whimper for five straight minutes after seeing anything dead on the side of the road. In fact, if Tom sees it coming before I do, he'll distract me so I will miss the roadkill entirely. Anyway, this brings me back to supporting the Anti-Cruelty Society - which I do. Send me an email about seals getting clubbed in Canada and I'm getting out my credit card to help.

Asked my brother and his girlfriend to bring their dog to Bark in the Park so we could all walk together. They didn't think their 8-year-old dog would make it that far. Which got me thinking - Adler doesn't even like to walk around the block - what makes me think she'll walk for 3 miles?! Decided to meet my brother, girlfriend and dog at a dog park this Saturday instead and then go out for lunch to a dog-friendly restaurant. I hope it's nice out so we can all sit outside!

Thinking I do a lot to make sure that my dog has a full and satisfying weekend too. I guess I feel bad that come Monday, it's back to sleeping 18 hours a day because no one is home to play with her during the day.

2 Comments:

  • This is a great start.

    You should add a picture of Adler. It spices up the entry.

    By Blogger Perry, at 2:10 PM  

  • Hey:

    I'm Nina's brother and a long-time blogger. Welcome to blogville. You'll find it maddeningly addictive, and also a good way to meet a lot of other bloggers throughout the world.

    BTW...I have friends here that breed Bernese Mountain Dogs. They're nice critters, and hardly drool at all.

    Keep up the good work.

    Sal

    By Blogger Sal DeTraglia, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home